BOSTON (AP) — The Boston Red Sox didn’t let a three-game skid dampen things. After all Kyle Freeland Jersey , nobody has been able to keep the AL East leaders down for longer than that this season.Xander Bogaerts hit two solo homers, Andrew Benintendi had a three-run double to cap a big fourth inning and the Red Sox beat the Cleveland Indians 10-4 on Wednesday night to halt their three-game skid.“We struggled during the week, but that’s more like us,” Boston manager Alex Cora said.Mitch Moreland added a two-run homer for the Red Sox, who lost the previous two nights in a matchup of AL division leaders. Boston is the only team in the majors without a four-game losing streak this season.“You couldn’t tell if we won or lost yesterday after you waked in (to the clubhouse),” Moreland said. “That’s the beauty of this group. We know what we’ve got to do, we know what we’ve got in front of us and that’s all we focus on. We’ve been really good at it all year.”Boston has the best record in the majors. Its only other three-game skid came in April.Edwin Encarnacion hit a pair of two-run homers in his first game off the disabled list for Central-leading Cleveland. The Indians are 17-5 on the road since July 1 and 21-10 overall since the All-Star break.Matt Barnes (5-3) pitched a hitless inning of relief and was credited with the victory after starter Brian Johnson was pulled with the Red Sox leading and one out in the fifth. Johnson gave up three runs.Carlos Carrasco (15-7) was tagged for six runs, five earned, in 3 2/3 innings.“They’re really good hitters and they use the whole field,” Cleveland manager Terry Francona said. “That’s part of what they do. You’ve gotta make them at least think about (inside), because they just cover too much. He (Carrasco) was trying to Chris Iannetta Jersey , he just couldn’t get it there.”Bogaerts tied it 2-all in the fourth by hitting his first shot completely out of Fenway Park over the Green Monster. The Red Sox took the lead with three singles on Carrasco’s next three pitches; Ian Kinsler, Brock Holt, and Blake Swihart’s RBI hit.Following a walk to Mookie Betts, Benintendi sliced his liner down the left-field line, making it 6-2.Moreland’s homer made it 8-4. Bogaerts hit his second one in the seventh.Sidelined since Aug. 12 with a right wrist contusion, Encarnacion hit the third pitch he saw into the last row of Monster seats in the first. His second was a drive off a billboard above the Monster.“I feel healthy and that’s good for me and for the team, because I know I can help this team to win games,” he said.Carrasco had been on a roll, going 7-1 with a 1.73 ERA since coming off the disabled list July 6, but he fell to 1-3 with a 7.47 ERA in his career against Boston.“They hit pretty good pitches,” he said. “That’s what happened.”ADDING UPBoston’s J.D. Martinez raised his major league-leading RBI total to 108 with two RBI singles.HOT STARTSThe Indians hit their club-record 28th first-inning homer this season http://www.rockiesfanproshop.com/authentic-ryan-mcmahon-jersey , breaking the mark of 27 set last year.STAYING COOLCora joked before the game about calls he received regarding the team’s losing streak.“I got a few phone calls from people around the league like, ‘Wow, three-game losing streak,'” he said. “(Houston manager) A.J. Hinch was one of them. He was laughing about it. We talked about it a little bit. The way I see it is if this is the second three-game losing streak for us, we’re in a good place.”TRAINER’S ROOMIndians: Placed OF Rajai Davis on the 10-day disabled list with a non-life-threatening medical condition. He’s expected to have outpatient surgery Monday and return when rosters are expended on Sept. 1. … Francona said Leonys Martin will sit out the rest of the season. The outfielder had a life-threatening bacterial infection that entered his bloodstream and created toxins that damaged his internal organs, compromising their function.Red Sox: Cora said C Christian Vazquez (DL, fractured right pinkie) might catch LHP Eduardo Rodriguez’s next rehab start on Monday at Double-A Portland.UP NEXTIndians: RHP Adam Plutko (4-3, 4.62) is slated to make his first career start against the Red Sox in the series finale Thursday afternoon.Red Sox: LHP David Price (13-6, 3.69) looks to continue his recent success. He’s 3-0 with a 1.35 ERA since the All-Star break. ATLANTA (AP) — Braves closer Arodys Vizcaino has help for anyone confused by the team’s long list of young starting pitchers, including several who had Atlanta auditions in 2018.As Atlanta’s pitchers and catchers prepare to report to spring training this week, there are many highly regarded candidates for at least one open spot in the rotation. The list includes Mike Soroka http://www.tigersfanproshop.com/authentic-joe-jimenez-jersey , Touki Toussaint, Kyle Wright, Kolby Allard, Max Fried, Bryse Wilson and Luiz Gohara.Vizcaino sees one starter emerging from the crowd.“Touki. Touki,” Vizcaino said last month. “He’s very good. He impressed me a lot.”Vizcaino wouldn’t be swayed. Nor would he seek a diplomatic way out when asked about Soroka.“I like Touki more,” Vizcaino said.And that was that.Vizcaino isn’t the only Braves player with high expectations for Toussaint, 22, who was acquired from Arizona in 2015. The Braves agreed to take on Bronson Arroyo’s $10 million contract with Toussaint for third baseman Phil Gosselin.Toussaint could make that $10 million price tag look like a bargain. First, though, the 6-foot-3 right-hander with the big curveball must win a job.Mike Foltynewicz Miguel Cabrera Jersey , who was last season’s breakout starter while landing an All-Star spot, is expected to lead a rotation that also includes Sean Newcomb, Kevin Gausman and Julio Teheran.The competition for the fifth spot could be the highlight of the Braves’ spring. The first workout for pitchers and catchers is Saturday. The full squad reports next week.“There are so many talented arms,” said catcher Tyler Flowers. ” … Of course everybody wants to get a (Justin) Verlander or a (Max) Scherzer or somebody like that, but not every team can bring those guys in. Sometimes you’ve got to grow them yourself and I think we have a lot of guys who can grow into those types of pitchers.”The wealth of young starting candidates kept Braves general manager Alex Anthopoulos from entering a bidding war to keep right-hander Anibal Sanchez, who instead signed with division rival Washington.“Knowing we have guys internally we think are ready to take a step, the bar is high for us,” Anthopoulos said.Manager Brian Snitker believes the depth will allow Atlanta to bring up a sixth starter from Triple-A Gwinnett when needed to keep the rotation fresh.Snitker said the depth was “real important” to the Braves’ NL East title last season.“The extra day’s rest is big now with what we’re doing and we have numbers you can bring up here and stretch guys out,” Snitker said.The Braves used 13 starting pitchers in 2018. Toussaint, Soroka, Wright Alan Trammell Jersey , Allard and Wilson made their major league debuts. Toussaint’s debut came after he was selected to pitch in the Futures Game on All-Star weekend.Toussaint was impressive in his first start, allowing only two hits and one run in six innings in a win over Miami on Aug. 13. He was 2-1 with a 4.03 ERA in seven games, including five starts.In what could be an indicator of the team’s 2019 plans, Toussaint was placed on the postseason roster. Pitching in relief, he earned the decision in Atlanta’s only win in the NL division series loss to the Dodgers.Toussaint said his 2018 experience helped him believe he belongs in the major leagues.“I’d say very confident,” he said when asked about his mindset. “I know what I have. I’ve seen it. I’ve watched it. I’m ready to get after it.”Soroka also was impressive when healthy. He could be watched carefully in his return from a sore shoulder that put an early end to his 2018 season. He said he began throwing in November and feels strong.Many of the young pitchers moved through the organization together after they were on the same Class A Rome staff in 2016.“It’s pretty incredible to be with those guys,” Soroka said. “Healthy competition is always good. It brings out the best in everyone.”

BOSTON (AP) — The Boston Red Sox didn’t let a three-game skid dampen things. After all [url=http://www.rockiesfanproshop.com/authentic-kyle-freeland-jersey]Kyle Freeland Jersey[/url] , nobody has been able to keep the AL East leaders down for longer than that this season.Xander Bogaerts hit two solo homers, Andrew Benintendi had a three-run double to cap a big fourth inning and the Red Sox beat the Cleveland Indians 10-4 on Wednesday night to halt their three-game skid.“We struggled during the week, but that’s more like us,” Boston manager Alex Cora said.Mitch Moreland added a two-run homer for the Red Sox, who lost the previous two nights in a matchup of AL division leaders. Boston is the only team in the majors without a four-game losing streak this season.“You couldn’t tell if we won or lost yesterday after you waked in (to the clubhouse),” Moreland said. “That’s the beauty of this group. We know what we’ve got to do, we know what we’ve got in front of us and that’s all we focus on. We’ve been really good at it all year.”Boston has the best record in the majors. Its only other three-game skid came in April.Edwin Encarnacion hit a pair of two-run homers in his first game off the disabled list for Central-leading Cleveland. The Indians are 17-5 on the road since July 1 and 21-10 overall since the All-Star break.Matt Barnes (5-3) pitched a hitless inning of relief and was credited with the victory after starter Brian Johnson was pulled with the Red Sox leading and one out in the fifth. Johnson gave up three runs.Carlos Carrasco (15-7) was tagged for six runs, five earned, in 3 2/3 innings.“They’re really good hitters and they use the whole field,” Cleveland manager Terry Francona said. “That’s part of what they do. You’ve gotta make them at least think about (inside), because they just cover too much. He (Carrasco) was trying to [url=http://www.rockiesfanproshop.com/authentic-chris-iannetta-jersey]Chris Iannetta Jersey[/url] , he just couldn’t get it there.”Bogaerts tied it 2-all in the fourth by hitting his first shot completely out of Fenway Park over the Green Monster. The Red Sox took the lead with three singles on Carrasco’s next three pitches; Ian Kinsler, Brock Holt, and Blake Swihart’s RBI hit.Following a walk to Mookie Betts, Benintendi sliced his liner down the left-field line, making it 6-2.Moreland’s homer made it 8-4. Bogaerts hit his second one in the seventh.Sidelined since Aug. 12 with a right wrist contusion, Encarnacion hit the third pitch he saw into the last row of Monster seats in the first. His second was a drive off a billboard above the Monster.“I feel healthy and that’s good for me and for the team, because I know I can help this team to win games,” he said.Carrasco had been on a roll, going 7-1 with a 1.73 ERA since coming off the disabled list July 6, but he fell to 1-3 with a 7.47 ERA in his career against Boston.“They hit pretty good pitches,” he said. “That’s what happened.”ADDING UPBoston’s J.D. Martinez raised his major league-leading RBI total to 108 with two RBI singles.HOT STARTSThe Indians hit their club-record 28th first-inning homer this season [url=http://www.rockiesfanproshop.com/authentic-ryan-mcmahon-jersey]http://www.rockiesfanproshop.com/authentic-ryan-mcmahon-jersey[/url] , breaking the mark of 27 set last year.STAYING COOLCora joked before the game about calls he received regarding the team’s losing streak.“I got a few phone calls from people around the league like, ‘Wow, three-game losing streak,'” he said. “(Houston manager) A.J. Hinch was one of them. He was laughing about it. We talked about it a little bit. The way I see it is if this is the second three-game losing streak for us, we’re in a good place.”TRAINER’S ROOMIndians: Placed OF Rajai Davis on the 10-day disabled list with a non-life-threatening medical condition. He’s expected to have outpatient surgery Monday and return when rosters are expended on Sept. 1. … Francona said Leonys Martin will sit out the rest of the season. The outfielder had a life-threatening bacterial infection that entered his bloodstream and created toxins that damaged his internal organs, compromising their function.Red Sox: Cora said C Christian Vazquez (DL, fractured right pinkie) might catch LHP Eduardo Rodriguez’s next rehab start on Monday at Double-A Portland.UP NEXTIndians: RHP Adam Plutko (4-3, 4.62) is slated to make his first career start against the Red Sox in the series finale Thursday afternoon.Red Sox: LHP David Price (13-6, 3.69) looks to continue his recent success. He’s 3-0 with a 1.35 ERA since the All-Star break. ATLANTA (AP) — Braves closer Arodys Vizcaino has help for anyone confused by the team’s long list of young starting pitchers, including several who had Atlanta auditions in 2018.As Atlanta’s pitchers and catchers prepare to report to spring training this week, there are many highly regarded candidates for at least one open spot in the rotation. The list includes Mike Soroka [url=http://www.tigersfanproshop.com/authentic-joe-jimenez-jersey]http://www.tigersfanproshop.com/authentic-joe-jimenez-jersey[/url] , Touki Toussaint, Kyle Wright, Kolby Allard, Max Fried, Bryse Wilson and Luiz Gohara.Vizcaino sees one starter emerging from the crowd.“Touki. Touki,” Vizcaino said last month. “He’s very good. He impressed me a lot.”Vizcaino wouldn’t be swayed. Nor would he seek a diplomatic way out when asked about Soroka.“I like Touki more,” Vizcaino said.And that was that.Vizcaino isn’t the only Braves player with high expectations for Toussaint, 22, who was acquired from Arizona in 2015. The Braves agreed to take on Bronson Arroyo’s $10 million contract with Toussaint for third baseman Phil Gosselin.Toussaint could make that $10 million price tag look like a bargain. First, though, the 6-foot-3 right-hander with the big curveball must win a job.Mike Foltynewicz [url=http://www.tigersfanproshop.com/authentic-miguel-cabrera-jersey]Miguel Cabrera Jersey[/url] , who was last season’s breakout starter while landing an All-Star spot, is expected to lead a rotation that also includes Sean Newcomb, Kevin Gausman and Julio Teheran.The competition for the fifth spot could be the highlight of the Braves’ spring. The first workout for pitchers and catchers is Saturday. The full squad reports next week.“There are so many talented arms,” said catcher Tyler Flowers. ” … Of course everybody wants to get a (Justin) Verlander or a (Max) Scherzer or somebody like that, but not every team can bring those guys in. Sometimes you’ve got to grow them yourself and I think we have a lot of guys who can grow into those types of pitchers.”The wealth of young starting candidates kept Braves general manager Alex Anthopoulos from entering a bidding war to keep right-hander Anibal Sanchez, who instead signed with division rival Washington.“Knowing we have guys internally we think are ready to take a step, the bar is high for us,” Anthopoulos said.Manager Brian Snitker believes the depth will allow Atlanta to bring up a sixth starter from Triple-A Gwinnett when needed to keep the rotation fresh.Snitker said the depth was “real important” to the Braves’ NL East title last season.“The extra day’s rest is big now with what we’re doing and we have numbers you can bring up here and stretch guys out,” Snitker said.The Braves used 13 starting pitchers in 2018. Toussaint, Soroka, Wright [url=http://www.tigersfanproshop.com/authentic-alan-trammell-jersey]Alan Trammell Jersey[/url] , Allard and Wilson made their major league debuts. Toussaint’s debut came after he was selected to pitch in the Futures Game on All-Star weekend.Toussaint was impressive in his first start, allowing only two hits and one run in six innings in a win over Miami on Aug. 13. He was 2-1 with a 4.03 ERA in seven games, including five starts.In what could be an indicator of the team’s 2019 plans, Toussaint was placed on the postseason roster. Pitching in relief, he earned the decision in Atlanta’s only win in the NL division series loss to the Dodgers.Toussaint said his 2018 experience helped him believe he belongs in the major leagues.“I’d say very confident,” he said when asked about his mindset. “I know what I have. I’ve seen it. I’ve watched it. I’m ready to get after it.”Soroka also was impressive when healthy. He could be watched carefully in his return from a sore shoulder that put an early end to his 2018 season. He said he began throwing in November and feels strong.Many of the young pitchers moved through the organization together after they were on the same Class A Rome staff in 2016.“It’s pretty incredible to be with those guys,” Soroka said. “Healthy competition is always good. It brings out the best in everyone.”

views
replies
followers
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft